Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Changes

As you can see, I was feeling inspired to make some changes at this HUGE transition period of my life. So, what better place to start than my very own blog. Just trying to be a little simpler and get a little more of me out there in the colors.

I decided to go with the grass for a few different reasons. I am going green. Just kidding, not a reason, but trying to be a little greener every day. :) But really because I was reminded of the title of this blog, and the reason that I started it in the first place. I want to be conscious every day of the things that I have to rejoice about, because no matter how small or insignificant it may seem, God is using moments in my life to speak to me, giving me more than enough reason to rejoice daily. Something as small as the sun hitting the grass (as cheesy as that sounds), reminds me that God is just as picky about the small, seemingly insignificant aspects of this world as He is about the big ones - me being one of those seemingly insignificant parts.

So...I will ask for your opinion on the changes, though it probably won't change my mind unless it inhibits readibility, and even then, if you can't read as well its probably a good thing for you, huh?

Can you believe our God? I hate it that I read this stuff as if it is news to me. I know, I know, I KNOW that he made me so particularly, but I love being reminded of it.

Psalm 139:1-16

1
O LORD, you have searched me
and you know me.

2You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.

3You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.

4Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.

5You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.

6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

7Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?

8If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths,[1] you are there.

9If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,

10even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

11If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me,”

12even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

13For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I love the changes and love this post!