Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentino

On this Valentine's Day...I decided to watch the Bachelor episode from last week...hometown dates. I am starting to think that sitting in my room alone watching this show on my computer on Valentines night might have been some feeble attempt to test myself. I think I was trying to see if I REALLY cared about Valentines Day...if all of the nonchalance and "no big deal" 's were real.


Turns out.....THEY ARE. haha. 2 hours of the Bachelor and I still don't feel any sadness at not having a Valentine here in my presence.

Luckily, I've got the best thing...the better thing. Song of Songs 7:10 says, "I am my beloved's and his desire is for me." I love that right now God truly is a man about whom I can say this. I hope and pray that one day there will be an earthly man who also takes this role...but no earthly man's love will ever come close.

What an awesome kind of love.

No comments: