Saturday, November 29, 2008

Back to the grind

After having mom call my blog "dormant," and hear Charles' imploring questions of when I would be planning to post next I felt obligated to update a little. I am glad for this accountability.

Spending my morning on the computer in the kitchen trying to write my final paper for Community Building and Urban Change. This school work has been totally weighing me down and it is getting to the breaking point. I have to keep reminding myself that I only have 17 days left according to the countdown on my phone. Had a great day yesterday. Went over to the JA field and played soccer with the extended fam. Needless to say I was a huge assett, stuck in goal for most of the game. I had mass headers and a huge headache afterwards. We went over to cousins last night for dinner and got to see a lot of the guys that we dont see but once a year.

I got to hang with Shawna last night after family stuff. I love going over there. Laura Tuel just wrote a blog about how much the Tyree/Godwin's love the Tuel family. I think it is just a Tyree/Godwin thing to everyone. I have known Shawna since elementary school because she was in Danielle's class. She and I became friends through YoungLife in high school and she is now one of my best friends. We don't see each other often because she is in Morgantown, but every time I see her i feel so comfortable and am able to be so honest. I trust that Shawna has great wisdom for me and she is a wonderful friend. I had a great time because, Lauren, another girl from Danielle's class was over at Shawna's house as well. There were about 15 extras at their house and people just have fun there. So much love:) I always miss them.

Sad to probably be leaving tonight, but I will be back in just over two weeks for the most relaxing month of my life. I cannot get any work done at home, and this stuff is starting to pile up. When I am home the last thing I want to do is spread out my research and work on it because I just want to do family stuff. Even if it is just chatting in the kitchen. Will go back tonight only to spend every waking moment of my Sunday in the library. Glorious.

I will need much grace to be a nice person through the next couple weeks.